Straightforward Claims Handling
Straightforward Claims Handling
When something goes wrong you need to know your clients' claims are going to be dealt with quickly and fairly. Here's how we're making claims handling easier.
- With You in Five (WYiF) With our fast-track, low-value property claims service, we can settle in as little as 72 hours.
- Proactive Claims Handling Our claims handlers are committed to keeping you informed about every significant step in the claims journey including auto payment confirmation.
- Dedicated Claims Account Managers We have dedicated Account Managers looking after your clients to strengthen relationships.
- Customer Service Surveys Our claims service helps brokers retain business. Our feedback scores continue to rise – including when asked about the ease of dealing with NIG during a claim.
- 360 Motor An all-round solution to make your clients' claims experience simpler and faster. Damage can be assessed by sending images or videos of vehicle damage direct to the repairer.
We’ve developed a number of different service models to reflect the many ways our brokers like to trade with us. Here are some of the ways we've aligned our business to our brokers' needs.
- National Trading Centre Specifically designed to provide brokers with branches across the country with one consistent, attentive and responsive service regardless of geography.
- Regional Branch Offices A local service for brokers who value local trading relationships and a local market presence.
- eTrade Platforms For brokers who like to trade online. NIG products are available across multiple platforms including TheHub, Acturis and PowerPlace.
- National Schemes Centre For brokers who require an experienced, specialist team to handle bespoke scheme requirements.
- Real Estate Centre of Excellence For brokers with a Real Estate specialism requiring expert service. With teams based in both Manchester and London we underwrite Commercial, Residential and mixed portfolios. Also, talk to us about property valuation funding.
Our eTrading platforms and resources are continuously improving to make them easier to use and better value. Here are some steps we are taking to make eTrading with NIG run like clockwork.
- eTrade Products Better value products, enhanced cover options and reduced referrals.
- eDocs Portal on TheHub We’re a paperless organisation and documentation for most of our regionally-traded products is available via the eDocs portal on TheHub. We’re making eDocs easier to use, ensuring documents can be accessed quicker, and we’re working on instant documentation across all our products.
- Property Owners This eProduct is now average free and includes rent guarantee (only available online/ on eTrade products).
- Resolving Queries Quicker With more access to decision makers on our products and increased authority, we’re reducing the time it takes to resolve your queries.
National Coverage, Local Expertise
We know many of our brokers prefer a more personal trading relationship at a local level. That's why we're continually enhancing in the service we offer in our eight regional offices so that decision-making is simpler and faster for you.
- 8 Regional Offices We’ve got your business covered across the UK.
- Regional Expertise Property, motor and casualty experts in each regional office.
- Experienced Underwriters We're investing in our front line teams to improve broker trading.
- Risk Management and In-house Surveying Our in-house Risk Control team support branch underwriters with technical expertise and offer clients pre-cover surveys to avoid hidden surprises. We're dedicated to understanding and reducing risk to help UK businesses be more resilient.