Thursday, February 23, 2017
Storm Doris has arrived in the UK and unleashed winds of over 90mph, snow blizzards, heavy rain, and most importantly the potential to cause havoc for properties and small businesses across Britain.
If one of your clients needs to make a claim then please call the claims team on:
Areas: North, North West & Scotland – Property Claims: 0345 246 5602
Area: Midlands – Property Claims: 0345 246 5603
Area: Gloucester (Farmweb) - Property Claims: 01452 899 778
Phone lines may be busy but please be assured we're doing our best to answer all our calls and process claims as quickly as possible.
Please be aware that our claims department business hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday. All queries after 5pm on Friday will be answered the following Monday from 9am onwards.
However for emergencies you can still ring us on 01732 520270 and follow the out-of-hours instructions.
If your client’s property or premises is affected by flood or storms:
• It’s important to contact us as soon as possible for guidance regarding your client’s claim.
• Where possible ask your client/s to take photographs of the damage to their building/s and also any contents which are damaged as this may help with the settlement of the claim.
• Your client should not throw anything away unless this has been agreed with a claims advisor. Damaged items will need to be assessed so discarding any items could delay their claim.
• Make sure that you have your client’s policy number to hand when you make the call so that the claims team can verify their details without any delay.
What happens next?
• Once you have called the claims team you will be expected to answer a set of questions and once their policy cover is validated, we can then start to process their claim.
• We will need details of any damage caused so that we can assess how to process the claim as quickly as possible.
• Depending on the extent of the damage we may send a Loss Adjuster to their property, who can advise on steps that need to be taken to get their property repaired and their business back up and running.
• Ask your client to send you any photographs of the damage along with their receipts and estimates they have collected.
If your client is living abroad and have a property in the
Important numbers for your client