A fine time to be selling Contractors Combined
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
According to Markit's Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI), house building across Britain surged in September. And as the Telegraph reported, “residential construction increased particularly strongly”. It’s in stark contrast to the seven-year low a few months earlier in July, sparked by referendum uncertainty.
At its recent conference in Birmingham, the Government pledged £5bn towards building new housing stock. And this clear intention to steady the ship has proved encouraging news for UK building contractors.
Perfect timing, perfect sense
And in light of this positive picture, it’s perfect timing to look at NIG’s Contractors Combined product, and see why it makes perfect sense:
- Rate reviews – we’ve reviewed our rates, and in many case, reduced them.
- Far-reaching cover – as well as Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Contractors All Risks, Contractors Combined also accommodates contractors with their own premises, as well as various other covers, including non-negligent liability.
- Experienced – our very experienced team has underwritten contractors’ business for many years. And to make sure we offer the highest levels of knowledge consistency and continuity we run ongoing training across our branches.
- Momentum – we’re looking to build on the momentum in the construction sector and work with brokers keen to grow Contractors Combined business.
NIG. Here’s Why…
As well as having a great product in Contractors Combined, here are some key benefits of choosing NIG:
- Established – we have more than 120 years of commercial underwriting expertise.
- Focus – we’re 100% focused on brokers, and trade all of our products exclusively through UK brokers
- Size and scale – as part of the Direct Line Group we have the strength and security of an A-rated underwriter, combined with the scale of a FTSE 100 company.
- Comprehensive – our extensive range of products cater for businesses large and small.
- Competitive – our one-quote-to-market principle provides a real edge for brokers.
- Financial support – we can provide in-house surveying and risk management funding
- UK-wide – we have eight regional offices across the UK, combining regional coverage with local expertise.
You can find more information about NIG’s Contractors Combined, including Key Facts, Sales Aid, Proposal Form and Policy Wording, on our website here.